I thought it was time to post photos of the first quilt I completed. The photo on the right is the whole quilt, queen size, and the one on the left is the lable on the back and a bit of the backing.
This was block-of-the month quilt from Joann's that I bought 3-4 years ago and finally started on in 2008 and finished in 2009. I changed the fabrics in the large setting squares and the inner border, because the kit had used the brownish floral that is in the center of the quilt (and I dislike that brown and wanted more of a blue look), and the large setting squares. My long-arm quilter, Mindy Washburn, did a beautiful job of pulling together this novice effort (my borders were a bit wavy, and there were other problems with "squareness"). My prior sewing experience was a lot of garment-making so I was used to "easing" seams to make things fit. I know now this is not a great technique in piecework!