I have 11 best books I read this year (out of 53). No particular order.
1. The Art of Fielding
2. Lamentations of the Father, short stories by Ian Frazier, particularly the title story
3. Game of Thrones
4. The Keeper of Lost Causes (Danish noir mystery)
5. When Will It Get Better, Kate Atkinson. British mystery
6. Unbroken. biography of WWII survivor . by L. Hillenbrand
7. The City & the City. dystopic sci fi, China Mieville
8. Bring Up the Bodies. part 2 of the Hilary Mantel Cromwell novels
9. When I Stop Talking You'll KNow I'm Dead. Jerry Wintraub. Show business agent autobiography
10. Cloud Atlas, David Mitchell
11. Emperor of All Maladies. History & survey of cancers & their treatment.
I also listened on audio CD to William Shatner's "Shatner Rules" A fun list. First rule: say yes.