Thursday, January 17, 2013

Patriot star quilt top

The second photo below is the assembled quilt top of patriotic stars that were the result of a Block of the Month program at the Dallas quilt shop, Quilters Connection.  I used different background than the designer recommended, and I changed some of the fabrics and designs.  The twelve star blocks were interesting each month, but the challenge was all the red diamonds and sashing blocks--there are 48!  I have purchased dark blue fabric for the backing, but it is currently hiding among all my other stash in my sewing room.  I think my husband wants this quilt.  It's almost a queen size.


2 comments:

  1. Those 48 diamonds in the sashing look GREAT! I like your fabric choices a lot--no wonder your husband wants it, it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome choice of sashing! This will be a very happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete