Saturday, May 30, 2020

Goal 12: various non-quilting sewing projects for new granddaughters

While we were in South Bend last month (where my embroidery machine lives currently), I got around to adding machine embroidery designs to some onesies and snappy shirts for the 2 granddaughters.  (these were sized 6 months, so I had to get them done before they outgrew them.  )
I watched a number of videos about embroidering on knits, stabilizers, needles, etc., as well as working with my Embrilliance software for transferring fonts and designs into the embroidery format. 

Doing this number of projects helped me get more proficient and "automatic" about the process.  Before this I had mainly used my embroidery machine to make quilt labels and only made 3 or 4 a year (my quilt output lol), so every time I had to relearn the process.

Here are the results:






Here is Ori modeling 2 of her shirts:





And here is Elin in one of hers: 

No comments:

Post a Comment