Saturday, May 30, 2020

Hand quilting project not on my 2020 goals - work in progress

a couple of years ago I searched EBay for quilt tops and found this beautiful top that had been embroidered and cross-stitched and already had the quilt sandwich.  It was a preprinted top that had the quilting markings ready to go.  After I finished the gingham sunflower handquilting earlier this year, I started the hand quilting on this one.  Of course it is a much smaller project, about the size of a crib quilt.  But I have made good progress.  Now working on the outer detailed hand quilting, so I probably still have a month or more of quilting while watching tv  .  I inquired of the EBay seller who the maker of the embroidered top was, but he/she had purchased it at an estate sale on the east coast and had no more info.  My deep gratitude to the skilled embroiderer!

No comments:

Post a Comment