Wednesday, January 8, 2020

2020 progress report on quilt goals after 1 week

1. Elin's quilt.  I have completed the front and backing, and have marked the front with a washout marking pen.  (fingers crossed).  Today is the part I dislike the most, making the quilt sandwich of the top, batting and backing.  The back is solid white except for a horizontal strip near the bottom portraying children on parade.  the tricky part will be getting that located in the right spot and keeping it horizontal. Once I get the sandwich made, the quilting is all straight line so should be fairly speedy. I think I will use the pin method to create the sandwich, and just do it on the floor.  I think that will give me better control of placement of the backing.
3. labels and sleeves.  I have completed and sewed on the label and sleeve for the blue & white quilt for the show.  The Halloween quilt has to be quilted first!
6, I am on step 3 of the Bonnie Hunter Frolic quilt, and finished sewing together the blue and white/neutral half-square triangles.  Now I am trimming them, very tedious!
Last Friday I also cleaned the floor of my studio, which involved a bit of organizing and throwing out.
So some progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment