Monday, December 2, 2019

2019 31-Day Blog Challenge - Day 2 - Sewing Space

My sewing space is an upstairs bedroom used as my office and sewing space.  I have a desk with computer in it, 2 tall filing cabinets, and 3 floor to ceiling shelf units, and 1 bookcase.   I have a sewing machine cabinet set in the bay window area that looks out on the street.  I also have a standing level cutting table that was converted from a kitchen chopping block table.  I bought it at Habitat Restore.  Someone had added a granite countertop over the wood chopping block, and it is about 36 x 24 so my cutting mat fits perfectly.  I have a floor ott light over it and over my sewing unit.
and then there is the fabric.  and the quilting books.  And the quilting magazines.... So probably 12 or so large plastic tubs of fabric and some smaller tubs.  I sort by color and by subject matter (so I have a tub of reds, and a separate tub of Christmas fabric (which also has reds).   I also use a lot of novelty fabric so I have a couple of tubs of those.  And a tub of row by row kits.
Hard wood floor.  I use an armless adjustable office chair for sewing.  No picture because it's so messy!

No comments:

Post a Comment