Monday, December 2, 2019

2019 31-day Blog Writing Challenge - Introduction

The Just Wanna Quilt blog created a challenge for quilters to write on their blog for 31 days.  The first day is introduction.  I first started this blog in connection with my participation in the Block Lotto blog, led by Jean-Sophie Wood, who I met at a new members meeting of the Dallas Quilt Guild, probably 10 years ago.  I was a new quilter, and soaking up quilting info everywhere.  But participation in the Block Lotto got me to try new blocks, and particularly 2011, I think, was an exercise in improvisational quilting that definitely got me out of the box.

I've also posted photos of my quilts, some process blogs, and posts about books.  I've sadly let the blog languish since 2015 as I have done more of my writing on facebook pages and groups.  (but I'm pretty mad at Facebook for a number of reasons, so it's good to restart the blog as a more lasting place for writing.

I'm a retired lawyer, learned to sew as a teen, mainly garment sewing, and some home dec.  My grandmother was a quilter so I always admired and cherished quilts but thought they were out of my time/ability reach until I took a class in 2007 at my church.
Now it's a passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment