Thursday, December 5, 2019

2019 Blog Challenge - Day 5 - First Project

My first completed project is this medallion sampler quilt that was a Joann's block of the month.  I had bought the blocks over time (using coupons when I could, of course), and some were on clearance.  I think I had to order the finishing kit online.  The pieces of each block were laser cut, and the directions were very basic and excellent for a beginning quilter.  I had done a lot of garment sewing in my teens and twenties, so I wasn't shy about swapping out fabric.  Although I like to wear brown (I'm an "autumn"), I don't really like it that much as a color and the kit had a good bit of brown, particularly a copper-brown rose.  however, the instructions did not give the measurements of the pieces, so when I got ready to swap the setting triangles, I just set the kit's triangle over my fabric and cut.  Much waviness resulted.  I did not yet know that a quilter does not "ease in" fullness.
Anyhoo, my longarmer did her best to fix it, along with some beautiful quilting. Mindy Blackburn.

No comments:

Post a Comment