Sunday, December 8, 2019

Latest finish - Animal Friends for my new granddaughter



The top photo is the finished quilt for my new granddaughter.  It is my own combination of blocks from Elizabeth Hartman's Forest Friends, Bear, Ocean and Desert patterns. I transformed the desert pattern "coyote" into a pink panther.  My daughter had asked for a rainbow color way so I needed to get some bright pinks in.   Plus birds from the Block Lotto several years past.(these are to evoke cardinals, state bird of Indiana, where granddaughter lives).  Except for the grey fox, all the fabrics are from the Grunge line. (the black and white are not grunge).  Assembling the finished blocks in a coherent pattern was a challenge.  I tried to figure out a column-based layout with graph paper but must have made some math mistakes, because the edges didn't line up.  So then I did some trial and error to make it work (lots of ripping out and re-cutting sashing; luckily I had plenty of the background fabric.  Now I have lots of extra strips!)
 The second photo is the back, an animal ABC fabric from Alexander Henry (bought on Fabric.com).  I added a close-up of the fabric; love the t-rex = X-tinct.
Need to add the label and then ready for a nice Christmas gift.   Maria Hall did the quilting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment