Tuesday, December 3, 2019

2019 31-day blog challenge - Day 3 my machines

My main machine is a Pfaff Quilt Expressions 4.0, which I bought at our Dallas quilt show in 2010.  I really like the IVF (built in walking foot), the needle down feature, and the built in stitches.  (I have been using these recently to make self binding flannel baby quilts. for a sit down machine it has a fairly large quilt for quilting, and I have done a lot of in the ditch and quilting and some curved quilting with marks.  I have also done some free motion and ruler quilting, and it does work for that, but I haven't practiced enough. The self threading feature and thread cutting features are nice but don't always work.

I also have a 1968 era Singer Featherweight that was a gift when I was in college.  Can't be beat for straight stitching and portability.

I also have my mom's tabletop singer (and the sewing table) from the early 1950s.  It works, but I don't have it set up.  I did a lot of garment sewing on it as a teenager.

I also have a Janome 200e embroidery machine.  I use it mainly to make labels for quilts.  I have Embrilliance Essentials, which has really helped do set up of fonts and texts, and it expanded the number of fonts and sizes I have.  With two new granddaughters, I hope to play with more imported designs on baby clothes and blankets.

I also own EQ7 and have taken one class, but haven't used it much.

I also have a Go cutter and have cut 2 inch blocks for my latest project.  Own a good number of dies, but haven't gotten to those projects yet. Want to do a Sunbonnet Sue and Overall Sam quilt soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment