Friday, December 20, 2019

2019 Blog Challenge - Day 20 - Proudest Achievement

My proudest achievement is finishing my Gypsy Wife quilt.  For the square in the square blocks I incorporated fabrics that reflected my personal interests in reading, travel, cats and music.  The complexity of the quilt and diversity of fabrics were challenges to design and execution.  (there were some errors in execution, but I won't point them out). The quilt makes me very happy.  I also machine quilted it myself, and tried "big stitch" around all the triangular elements in the quilt, using contrasting or matching embroidery floss.  I call this baby, "It's Just the Gypsy in My Soul," a call-out to a 50s era ballad.  Last summer, this sweetheart won a second place in its category at the Plano Quilt Show (and I received a small monetary prize).  The Gypsy Wife facebook page had great resources that really helped!

No comments:

Post a Comment