Saturday, December 14, 2019

2019 Blog Challenge - Day 14 - Show us your fabric

First, a big Happy Birthday to my husband Steven who has been so supportive of my quilting addiction! And all my other crazy ideas! I won't reveal his age, but we've had 37 + happy years of marriage.

We currently live in two places.  One, our long-time home in Texas, and the other, a "second home" in Indiana, to be very near our daughter, son-in-law, and new granddaughter.  Luckily it has a finished basement and nice space for sewing.  We are in the Indiana house this month, so I only have a fraction of my stash with me.  Work in process for a modern quilt for my other new granddaughter in Georgia, fabric for a very old UFO (yellows, greens, oranges); fabrics for the current Bonnie Hunter mystery, and Christmas fabrics I've been collecting for Lori Holt's Christmas Vintage.  Plus some random baby fabrics for other baby sewing projects.  I just threw it all on the floor for this photo, but they mostly live in a more organized fashion in their plastic bags in large cardboard boxes or plastic tubs. And the large IKEA bag.

Back in Texas, however, there are probably about 20 large plastic tubs of fabric, mostly sorted by color, but also some by designer/type.  A couple of tubs of novelty fabric, one of Christmas fabrics, one of French General style fabrics, a plastic drawer of  K. Fassett documents, a tub of row by row kits I've collected, a small tub of grunge, and a tub of larger florals and stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment